How do I apply Lobadur® 2K Invisible Protect, 2 component varnish?
LOBADUR® 2K Invisible Protect AT is a waterborne surface protection for parquet and hardwood floors. For extremely heavy wear. The natural look and feel of the untreated wood is maintained. The virtually invisible layer is also extremely scratch-resistant thanks to the use of the highest-quality raw materials. Elastic, excellent chemical and abrasion resistance. Full product information can be found here, but for your convenience, please be advised as follows:
- No Prime coat required
- Shake product, add hardener to base at a ratio of 10 : 1 and then shake to mix. For mixing smaller quantities, use the LOBATOOL® Mixing Container or a scale to weigh out the components.
- Usable up to 2 hours after mixing.
- The surface must be sanded properly, wood moisture content max. 12%.
- The floor must be dry and free from any old coatings, oil, grease, wax, silicone, sanding dust and other contaminants.
- Room temperature +15°C to +25°C, relative humidity 40% to 75%, material temperature +18°C to +25°C.
- Ensure working areas are adequately ventilated.
- Transfer material to a LOBATOOL® Varnish Bucket before applying.
- Shake the contents well.
- Observe the general and, if available, the product-specific health and safety instructions. More specific information relating to GISCODE can be found in the usage instructions, which are available at www.wingis-online.de.
- The product is supplied ready for use and must not be diluted!
Application tool/application rate
- LOBATOOL® roller Deluxe 120 / 110-130 ml(g)/m2 = 8-9 m2/l (kg)
- Using smaller pile rollers will require a third coat of varnish applied
- Able to recoat without intermediate sanding within the first 24 hours.
- After this time, an intermediate sanding is necessary.
- An intermediate sanding before the last application will achieve an even finish.
- Use LOBATOOL® Perforated Pad P120 or finer, alternatively Sanding Net P120 or finer.
- Carefully remove dust before overcoating.
- Earliest possible recoating after 4-6 hours.
- Careful use possible after 4-6 hours.
- Earliest possible intermediate sanding after 8-10 hours.
- Light use after 24 hours.
- Full use and covering possible after 5 days.