How TO apply Loba ProColor, solvent based stain?
LOBA ProColor is a stain for wooden floor based on solvents. For the professional staining of parquet and hardwood floors. Dries reliably and lap-free regardless of climatic conditions and can be easily varnished over with LOBA waterborne finishes. Full product information can be found here, but for your convenience, please be advised as follows:
- The surface must be sanded properly, wood moisture content max. 12%.
- The floor must be dry and free from any old coatings, oil, grease, wax, silicone, sanding dust and other contaminants.
- Room temperature +15°C to +25°C, relative humidity 40% to 75%, material temperature +18°C to +25°C.
- Ensure working areas are adequately ventilated.
- Transfer material to a LOBA varnish bucket before applying.
- Shake the contents well.
- The innate colour of the wood used, its structure and its pore properties, as well as the fineness of the sanding pattern, also have a major impact on the colour that can be achieved. We strongly recommend to produce a colour sample on the original wood using site-appropriate sanding techniques to check the result by yourself and if necessary for approval by the project client.
- Note the LOBA “Sanding instructions for colouring parquet flooring”.
- Before using the colour variants, we recommend carrying out a test application to assess the colour tone that can be achieved and the overall visual effect. The colours can be mixed with each other. For lightening, or to reduce the coverage, the transparent variant can be added in. For an even colour coverage, pigment saturation is required; dilution should therefore be carried out at most with three parts of transparent and one part colour variant.
- If more than one container is being used for large areas, the total quantity must be mixed before work commences in a large container.
- On flooded surfaces, the deep penetration of the pigments into the wood means that it is not possible to restore the surface to its original condition.
- Observe the general and, if available, the product-specific health and safety instructions. More specific information relating to GISCODE can be found in the usage instructions, which are available at www.wingis-online.de.
- To lighten the shade or to reduce the coverage, mix with the transparent variant. Max. 3 parts transparent to one part colour.
Application tool/application rate
- LOBA trowel / approx. 30-50ml/m² (20-33m²/l or 15-20m²/container) or
- LOBA oil roller Microfaser 60-80 as a wiper (do not roller) / approx. 30-50ml/m² (20-33m²/l or 15-20m²/container) depending on the absorbency of the substrate.
- Water-popping prior to the application, increases the total material consumption up to double the quantity.
- Equalise with LOBATOOL® normal pad beige.
- To intensify the colour, water-popping in advance is possible. Regard our technical tips when doing so: see “Water-popping of wooden floors and colouring with ProColor”.
- Earliest possible overcoating after 12 hours.
- Apply any of Loba’s waterborne varnishes to finish
Link video ‘LOBADUR® ProColor’
Help and advice?
If you need help and advice on something that is not covered, please contact us and we will try our best to answer your questionsCONTACT US