How TO apply Loba Markant Colour?
LOBASOL® Markant Color is a colored natural hardwax oil. High-quality, layer-building oils accentuate the natural look of the wood and at the same time achieve excellent resistance to dirt and water. Full product information can be found here, but for your convenience, please be advised as follows:
- The surface must be sanded properly, wood moisture content max. 12%.
- The floor must be dry and free from any old coatings, oil, grease, wax, silicone, sanding dust and other contaminants. Room temperature +15°C to +25°C, relative humidity 40% to 65%, material temperature +18°C to +25°C. Ensure working areas are adequately ventilated.
- Transfer material to a LOBATOOL® varnish bucket before applying.
- Shake the contents well.
- The innate color of the wood used, its structure and its pore properties, as well as the fineness of the sanding pattern, also have a major impact on the color that can be achieved. We strongly recommend to produce a color sample on the original wood using site-appropriate sanding techniques to check the result by yourself and if necessary for approval by the project client.
- Note the LOBA “Sanding instructions for coloring parquet flooring”.
- Before using the color variants, we recommend carrying out a test application to assess the color tone that can be achieved and the overall visual effect. The colors can be mixed with each other. For lightening, or to reduce the coverage, the transparent variant can be added in. For an even color coverage, pigment saturation is required; dilution should therefore be carried out at most with three parts of transparent and one part color variant.
- If more than one container is being used for large areas, the total quantity must be mixed before work commences in a large container.
- On flooded surfaces, the deep penetration of the pigments into the wood means that it is not possible to restore the surface to its original condition.
- Observe the general and, if available, the product-specific health and safety instructions. More specific information relating to GISCODE can be found in the usage instructions, which are available at wingis-online.de.
- This product is part of the LOBA and Wakol “Connected Systems”. The approved combinations with Wakol parquet adhesives may be found in the “Connected Systems” Matrix: loba.de/connected-systems
- Thinner To lighten the shade or to reduce the coverage, mix with Markant semigloss. Max. 3 parts transparent to one part color.
Application tool/application rate
- Trowel application: LOBATOOL® trowel / approx. 20 ml/m² (50m²/l)
- Roller and brush application: LOBATOOL® oil roller Microfaser 60-80 or LOBATOOL®
- Oilbrush / approx. 60-100ml/m² (12m²/l)
- Earliest possible overcoating after 12 hours, however within 24 hours.
- Can be walked on after 12 hours.
- Usable after 24 hours.
- Coverage after 10 days.
Help and advice?
If you need help and advice on something that is not covered, please contact us and we will try our best to answer your questionsCONTACT US