How do I apply Loba ImpactOil Color?
LOBA 2K ImpactOil Color is a coloured HighSolid oil based on natural ingredients. Accentuates the natural character of the wood and achieves an excellent properties. As a result, suitable for public and private areas with high quality demands, and can even be used in wet areas. Due to its good penetration properties the wood will be preserved, but remains porous and breathable. Compared to regular 1C oils the 2C technology achieves a quicker curing, a lower susceptibility to dirt and a better water and chemical resistance. Full product information can be found here, but for your convenience, please be advised as follows:
- Stir the mixture, add the hardener in a ratio of 10:1 and stir in well (also possible by machine with LOBA Paint mixer).
- If partial quantities are to be mixed, these must be weighed out.
- After mixing, transparent oil can be used for 2 hours while colour oil can be used for 1 hour.
- The surface must be sanded properly, wood moisture content max. 12%.
- The floor must be dry and free from any old coatings, oil, grease, wax, silicone, sanding dust and other contaminants. Room temperature +15°C to +25°C, relative humidity 40% to 65%, material temperature +18°C to +25°C. Ensure working areas are adequately ventilated.
- For other application methods, parameters such as drying times and consumption may differ.
- Shake the content well.
- The innate colour of the wood used, its structure and its pore properties, as well as the fineness of the sanding pattern, also have a major impact on the colour that can be achieved. We strongly recommend to produce a colour sample on the original wood using site-appropriate sanding techniques to check the result by yourself and if necessary for approval by the project client.
- Note the LOBA “Sanding instructions for colouring parquet flooring”.
- Before using the colour variants, we recommend carrying out a test application to assess the colour tone that can be achieved and the overall visual effect. The colours can be mixed with each other. For lightening, or to reduce the coverage, the transparent variant can be added in. For an even colour coverage, pigment saturation is required; dilution should therefore be carried out at most with three parts of transparent and one part colour variant.
- If more than one container is being used for large areas, the total quantity must be mixed before work commences in a large container.
- On flooded surfaces, the deep penetration of the pigments into the wood means that it is not possible to restore the surface to its original condition.
- Observe the general and, if available, the product-specific health and safety instructions. More specific information relating to GISCODE can be found in the usage instructions, which are available at wingis-online.de.
- To lighten the shade or to reduce the coverage, mix with the transparent variant. Max. 3 parts transparent to one part colour.
Application tool/application rate
- LOBA trowel / per application approx. 30g/m2 (33 m2/kg) depending on the absorbency of the substrate. Equalise with LOBA special pad beige.
- Can be walked on after 12 hours.
- Usable after 48 hours.
- Coverage after 10 days.
Help and advice?
If you need help and advice on something that is not covered, please contact us and we will try our best to answer your questionsCONTACT US